Friday, January 21, 2011

Anti-LDS Trend

I've been LDS since I was born, and while I don't attend church nonstop or participate as much as I did as a tenn, I am absolutely disgusted with this "hate on LDS" trend that has been going on. I've made posts about some of the things I have seen before. The polgamy FLDS shows (fake and real couples), the movies, the tv shows... The list goes on and on.

Before, I used to laugh it off as a "Well, South Park makes fun of every religion. It's just natural for people to joke about things they don't understand." After seeing yet another TV show (Cold Case, which I like to watch) completely miscontruing our religion, I can't help but wonder if ANY other religion gets attacked this much. We turn the cheek nonstop towards this type of filth, but I'm honestly curious if we should continue to do so. Catholics were up in arms about their priests being pedophiles. Why can't we finally be up in arms about random blogs claiming Adolf Hitler was LDS? (Which btw, LOL)

I've seen everything from confusion between FLDS and LDS to claiming we are breeding serial killers. While I may not be an active member, or usually give a shit, it is seriously starting to irk me. The lengths some of these assholes will go to. Jesus. Garmies?? Is that even a fucking word?

Not to mention, when I tell people I currently live in Utah and am LDS - they almost always have a comment about those crazy Mormons. Is this some sort of disease now? When did having a decent religion entitle people to 1 - Hunt and kill people (we were legally allowed to be shot on sight in Mississippi until 1850~), and 2 - Instantly assume something is wrong with us?

Apparently, Hollywood has decided that we are the new trend.

No comments: