Thursday, February 17, 2011

Loremaster/Insane Title Glitch

I recently got insane on my character after months of famring. I WAS exalted with bloodsail buccaneers (w/ title), until I went to do my loremaster. I instantly dropped 500 rep and went to revered. I decided to farm Admiral Shelly to get my rep back up, and wait for blizzard to fix the BB guards (they claimed you could get thru exalted with bloodsail by doing this). This never happened. 4 months later (after waiting patiently), the guards are still not fixed and the obvious quest -bloodsail rep is not fixed. I was 1 kill away before this next patch hit, from getting bloodsail exalted again (5 rep). Now, there is a glitch that says "invalid target" when I go to kill Admiral Shelly.

I figured, no big deal right? I have a lot of other reps to farm for united nations, I'll just up one of them and finish up my loremaster. Obviously, not. There is a glitch that if you are friendly or above, you cannot kill the bloodsail pirates outside of BB. It says invalid target (yes, I did disable addons and made sure I checked "at war"). I have petitioned a GM about this several times and currently ONLY have southern stranglethorn to complete for my loremaster title.

It would be one thing if they were going to actually implement the changes they claim they were going to. IE the BB guards going thru exalted. However, now that they know of yet another issue - will they even fix it so those of us with the insane title CAN get loremaster too? This seems pretty stupid to have to pick and choose AFTER you get insane, whether you want insane or loremaster. As it stands, there is no way to get both.

My point is: Please don't make posts about things that will later be changed and lead us all on, then suddenly decide it is a hassle. As it stands blizzard has glitched everyone with friendly (or above) with bloodsail, so that they cannot get Loremaster. I find this appalling, and quite frankly doubt they will even get around to fixing it.


Things that have messed up with the insane title/loremaster title for me WHILE farming it:
Jorrik is no longer available to kill
Admiral Shelly is no longer able to be killed (glitched as of last patch)
Shen'dralar is no longer required (I farmed that for nothing)
Quests in Strangelthorn were NOT supposed to negatively effect rep (they do, almost every single one of them)
BB guards were supposed to be able to be farmed up thru exalted (they require a party now to kill, and they only go up to revered)
Cannot complete southern strangelthorn quests, have 23 left to finish
Cannot diminish my rep with bloodsails other then turning in quests (have done all that I can do, and cannot go below 18k into revered)

The list goes on and on, all of which were promised to either be fixed or barely warned in advance that they were going to be removed (IE Shen'dralar). I already farmed up several reps before the cata patch hit, and they were instantly invalidated. But, now, I can't even finish up loremaster. It is one thing to continuiously promise to fix something, and an entirely diferent thing to string us along for months promising to fix it - when you know full well you won't.

No comments: