Thursday, September 30, 2010

Parenthood - Jasmine and Crosby

I've been watching Parenthood and Modern Family since the inception of both shows. I like them both equally, but some things really bother me on Parenthood. I'm going to straight up list my feelings about Jasmine and Crosby. I'm not a fan of Jasmine. At all.

Ask any parent. Once you have a kid, your LIFE changes FOR your kid. She didn't change her life much at all, and continues to put EVERYTHING before her son.

Also, you should watch the show in depth. He offered to move up to NY because the travelling was taking it's toll. Skype is amazing, but it's not the same as living with your child. He wants that, she doesn't want to stop moving around!

Tell me, who is more of a parent? The person who would willingly give up their job and everything else for their child (in this case, Crosby though I'm sure he has his limits) or the parent who won't stop flitting around the country to "feed her soul". If you ask me, SHE is a terrible parent. Especially with how she withheld Crosby's son from him - WILLINGLY.

Yes, I consider it an unforgivable act to not tell the father (who is a decent guy) about his son. Crosby is not a drunken, abusive jerk. He's a guy that knocked a girl up and didn't know about it. She is a chick who got knocked up and won't even settle down for her kid (aka stop moving). She is obviously a bad person. She wanted to look like the good guy, but telling her family he knew but didn't care. Selfish. I would be more willing to understand if Crosby was a drunken jerk - but he's not. He has a stable job, a place to live, and loves that kid to death. Explain a GOOD reason for her NOT to tell him about their son? So far I'm hearing SILENCE and a bunch of EXCUSES.

I'm hoping he finally gets the nerve to take that kid from her. The kid is living with grandmommy instead of daddy. Last time I checked there is NO SUCH THING as grandparental rights in ANY state. AKA Daddy has a right to raise his son, and grandmommy doesn't.

I'm hoping that Jasmine gets finally called out for her nasty actions during this entire situation. She hasn't stepped up as a mother, let alone human being, and I doubt she ever will. Crosby isn't perfect, but so far he's a better parent then Jasmine.

I hope people replying to this topic have actually done some research on the topic before responding to it. Apparently, it is 100% legal to raise a child in your CAR (let alone a boat) and even CPS cannot get involved.

I dislike how Jasmine is constantly undermining Crosby's role as the father. She waited until her son was 5 (?) before even popping back up. Then she tells him that her career comes first over her child's stability (yes, picking up and moving every 3 weeks is not healthy), and now she is constantly acting like a grandparent has more rights then a FATHER. There is no such thing as grandparental rights, but there is such thing as PARENTAL rights.

She needs to get that through her head, and fast. I don't blame Crosby for threatening to get the sister involved. In fact, he should have gotten his custodial rights IN WRITING before now. I think Jasmine shouldn't have gotten angry at Crosby wanting to keep his son with him, especially after her lame excuses (Jabbar has stayed over with grandma more then you....WTF).

As per her attitude....I do consider it GHETTO, and no you don't need to be black to act ghetto. She acted like trailer park trash during that entire argument, and keeping a father away from his son is considered illegal (especially if he is helping raise the child/child support).

Edit: Loved the part in tonight's episode where Crosby told off the grandmother. Everything he said to her was 100% true, and honestly the grandmother has NO RIGHT to try to break that bond between them. I don't know if she has realized it or not, but SHE didn't have sex and create that kid. She is NOT the parent, and if anyone is running away from responsibility it's HER DAUGHTER!

No comments: