Sunday, September 5, 2010

After Midnight

A couple guildies and I joined a pug ICC 10 today. Two healers, both from my guild and one dps who was rocking the charts easily. The leader was Xristöph - whom brought a couple of his guildies Kennar and Caleka. No issues the first few bosses, took a bit for my guildies to stop rolling when they weren't supposed to be (Xristöph was using a mod roller/loot system). We did heroic gunship (my guildie was the one who made it heroic), and Midnight Sun dropped. (I wasn't the one that rolled on it, nor wanted it) Thing happened with the offhand off of Deathswhisper, guildie rolled too earlier and it was given to the lock - and my guildie's original roll was ignored, which was higher. We brushed it off as our mistake.

Apparently, Caleka and Kennar don't understand why it was a little screwed up to roll on a healer weapon against the person who not only made it heroic (and the only healer that could use it) but that there are several other dps weapons that are better. He won the roll. I'm not upset that he didn't get the weapon or whatever. I'm not even really upset that they rolled on it. Shadow priest can easily use the mp5, etc. I should add that Kennar actually congrats my friend for winning, but Caleka was obviously pissed she lost.

However, I was curious as to why they rolled on it. So, I made the comment: "why did the dps roll on that healer weapon?" I KNOW there are MUCH better weapons out there for dps, but there are very little weapons for healers. So, I was curious. Apparently, that was uncalled for!

After that I started getting spammed in raid things like "CHILL OUT! HE WON IT ANYWAYS!!!!" Things like that - remember I had only asked why, and not even in caps (was the only thing I really said). So, I said Caleka needed to stop acting like such a !#!@# (she was the one going off the entire time, and didn't even know how to kite the blood beasts). She was spamming the #@%% out of raid and freaking out, over what I had said. I'm not sure why she had the reaction she did. I wasn't even mean about it.

The raid leader, Xristöph, didn't like that I called his friend a !#!@#. So he starts spamming tells to me with things like: "I don't like how you called my friend a !#!@#, apologize. I don't see what your problem is." I obviously said no, and told him to stop messaging me or we'd leave the raid. I said something later in tells to Xristöph like "I don't roll on your #@%%, so why would you roll on that when there are much better dps weapons?" I wasn't even really making a super huge deal out of it. I didn't want to come off as Caleka did. So, I tried to keep my mouth shut and basically tell him to leave me the hell alone or I'd jet the raid. I wound up getting spammed for another boss fight, and up to the Valks. Total of about 15minutes, and you can't exactly ignore the raid leader - or shouldn't. So, I tried to remain tactful about the whole thing (though I did say I didn't appreciate her sicking her guard dog on me). I said basically if she didn't like being called a !#!@#, then she shouldn't act like a psycho over just an inquiry. I wasn't even mean about it when I asked, and her reaction was a serious overreaction.

I was trying to heal, and I told him several times to stop messaging me because I didn't care what he thought about what I had said. When he continued to spam me, I said something in raid. Basically telling him to stop messaging me because I am healing. That's when the #@%% hit the fan.

We were in the middle of fighting a Valk. I was healing the tank (Ringer), our other tank had dced after Saurfang. Xristöph didn't like me saying something in raid about his tells, and he removes me from raid mid-fight (Caleka told me to stop QQing and being a !#!@# - apparently copycat insults are still considered insulting - I laughed and warned the tank to get out because I was removed from raid). Then removes my guildies. Obviously, causing a wipe. Obviously, ruining the raid. I wasn't QQing, and I wasn't even really that upset about the whole thing. I was honestly wondering why they felt it was okay to freak out that much in raid just because I had asked a simple question. I was curious why they would roll on something like that, when obviously, there are MUCH better weapons for dps.

My problem is this. I don't care if people roll on #@%% that is better the what they are wearing. I honestly don't. My friend won the #@%% anyways. I was just curious as to WHY they had rolled. They couldda said something like "Oh, it gives me +20000 crit" and I would have said awesome I get it. But, to purposely act that childish was what made me make this post.

I am a GM of my own guild. I tell my guildies not to do things like that, nor ninja, it's a quick way to get gkicked. I'm not even going to judge that guild based off of what happened. I'm sure the GM either doesn't care or still doesn't know. Plus, 3 people in a guild doesn't reflect the WHOLE guild.

In the end, I don't like what happened and I thought I should warn people. The tank who died was a decent tank and a good guy (I feel bad for the others that got needless repair bills too, and a wasted week for ICC 10). I have common sense that if I don't like someone, or don't want to raid with them anymore - I'll leave willingly. In fact, I was actually going to leave after that pull. However, purposely wiping a raid and causing that much drama over something so small is what really bothers me.

I just wanted to shout that out there and let people know how these 3 individuals acted. I'm not a fan of people acting like psychos in the middle of a raid, nor purposely causing wipes...hell, I didn't even like the fact the guy was spamming me. But, I could have ignored him. Hell, usually I'm a super @@!! to people like that but this time I decided that the raid was going decently and not to make a big deal out of it. We would have stayed if they didn't send the tells, or start talking !*#@ in raid.

TLDR: Purposely causing a raid wipe over a question, and purposely kicking raid members mid-pull.

No comments: