Thursday, September 9, 2010

Real Housewives of NJ - Season 2 (Gun Safety)

Side note about the gun safe. Someone commented on a message board about Jaceline's husband's gun safe, not really being safe. What an idiot. As was stated in this episode, even his wife doesn't know the combination code. She only found out what was in there ON the show. I know they also have a security system installed.
I doubt anyone is going to break in to steal their HUGE gun safe.

Yeah it is hard to crack a combination. I'm sure many people have no idea how to do it. Even if someone did attempt to break into the safe, most safes are equipped with automatic locking mechanisms. For example, if someone tries to drill into it. Or if they enter the wrong combination.

If his OWN WIFE doesn't know the combination, I'm sure he's not just giving it out. Assuming someone even broke into the house and got passed all of their other security systems. They even have cameras installed throughout their house.
Let's all fear for our lives now because he has guns unloaded locked up in a protected environment.

I'd honestly like to think that people would have more of a problem with people who DON'T lock up their guns, then with people who actually attempt to lock them up. The poster actually acted like someone was going to break into their house and steal all of their weapons. Seriously? That doens't happen. What an idiot.

My husband is military and hunts a lot. We have a gun safe with two combination locks on it. We don't have near the amount of security that this couple has. Does that mean we're not being safe? Hell no. Our kids don't even know where the safe is, let alone what's in it. Just because people have guns, doesn't mean that it's okay to assume that someone is going to steal them and go on a mass murdering spree. I'd think if someone actually did break in, they'd steal someone else like jewelry. I doubt anyone would purposely break in just to steal some hunting rifles.

Apparently, the issue is not the fact that it's locked up, but the fact it was /gasp, shown on TV. Oh no! NOT ON TV. This was my response to the dumbass, who supposedly teaches a gun safety course.

"You caught me. I'm going to purposely break into their house, pass up all the jewelry and everything else, just to steal some unloaded hunting rifles. Just because "their location" was on tv. The location wasn't directly shown. It's in a safe, unloaded and locked up. They have a massive security system, that I doubt even a normal run of the mill robber would want to attempt. Let's make a big deal out of nothing.

My husband is military and an avid hunter. We keep ours locked up in the same exact gun safe. Do I show people where it is? Yup. Why would my brother-in-law want to steal my hunting rifle when he could just ask for it?

I'm sure the people watching this show either have no idea where exactly they live, nor care to break into their house to steal guns. If I think as a robber, I'd rather steal some diamonds then some guns that can be traced back to where I stole them from. I'd also really not like to deal with the security cameras.

I doubt anyone watching this show is honestly thinking they know where the guns are, and are going to steal them now. LOL I hope you realize that most families don't own a house as big as theirs, or that their gun safes are usually out in the open for the world to see. Just thinking back on my relatives, I know exactly where their guns are located. So far, no robberies. My father-in-law keeps a loaded rifle on the top of his fireplace. No one has even attempted to break in and "steal" it.

If you teach a gun safety course, I'd like to think you'd have MORE of an issue with the people that do NOT lock up their guns. But you are attacking them just because their guns were shown on TV? LOL Wow, they showed it on TV, what a super huge deal! I doubt anyone is going to break into their house just to steal them. Plus, normal run of the mill families do NOT "hide" their gun safe. It's usually in an office, master bedroom, or in the basement. Out in the open. /gasp

You are picking on a small issue. With their security system and everything else they have, I doubt it is a national security issue. LOL So what. They showed it on TV. You didn't see the combination, and it would take a lot of intelligence to break in there without leaving something behind.

Are you going to jump on them for putting on their diamond earings in front of the TV too? We know their location now too. Someone could steal them! What about the cars they leave parked in their driveway? We see them all the time. Someone could take them!

Have you never even looked at the hunting channel? You might have a heart attack. /gasp They show unlocked guns ALL the time. They even (/gasp) show their location!

PS. It actually is difficult to break into a safe. If you think you can get a stethescope and break into it, you can't anymore. Most safes have automatic freeze locking systems now.

For the record: I don't think you really teach a gun safety course. You can't even type correctly. There is a big difference between "showed" and "shown". Like I said, it would take a lot of intelligence to get around all of their security measures and break into their safe. As SHOWN by the way you type, you would have a lot issues doing that."

This dumb bitch actually thinks she can break into this exact safe. Just by "guessing" the combination.

http://www.gunsafes.com/Mesa-Safes-1-Hour-Fire-26-Gun-Safe.html

What a dumb bitch.

Edit: After this post was made, I was called a crazy bitch. LOL Yeah, I'm nuts for thinking it's insane to get pissed off over something on tv. I think if people are gonna attack them, at least pick something worthwhile. Not something so small.

No comments: