Wednesday, September 29, 2010

VOA 10 (Pug) - What fun!

Just got done with a VOA 10 pug. I offered to help my OP pally healer, even though I don't need anything from it. I know I'm a badass pally healer, I've been told numerous times. I heal 11/12 H 25 every week on my alt, and if my heals are good enough to be a main tank healer (on my alt with shit gear), then I was pretty sure I could handle a pug. Who knew I was wrong!

Get in there with 2 tanks, first tank has entered too many instances and we decide to try with only one tank. Everything is going fine. Druid healer finally catches up to us, and gets 1 shot by the icebolt (from the add before the boss). I laughed hardcore, though not in public.

Apparently this put the druid healer in a pissy mood. He is also in shit gear. He apparently thinks he's god's gift to tank healers as well. I'm spamming the shit outta the tank, and pull off to do a holy shock on my guildie (the one I'm helping) since he was almost dead. Tank drops instantly. That 1 holy shock could have been a holy light, and would have saved the tank. I had been randomly trying to help heal the raid but everytime I pulled off the tank he'd drop and I'd scramble to catch up again.

After tank dies, I drop down to almost non-existant health. I had around 100 hp and so I did the first thing that came to my mind - di'd the druid healer. Apparently, that is a bad call since he was going to brez the tank (even though the dps was dying all around him).

I check the charts, I'm doing an easy 7.5k hps and the druid is doing 4.4k hps. I'm double him on both tank and raid. I'm like huh...that's odd, isn't he a druid? Shouldn't he heal the raid? Apparently, I'm mistaken! After we wipe, the druid starts in on me - saying that HE was the one keeping the tank alive.

Apparently, since I have beacon my flashes should have kept the tank up (regardless that I was literally spamming the shit out of him with holy light) and that I was a noob for DI'ing him. Okay. He kept going on for a good 10minutes, and basically at the end claimed the same thing I did "I pulled off the tank and he died". Uh what? Man, whatever. I try to keep my mouth shut, I respond very little. Really unlike me.

So, after all my awesomeness in heroic 25 and basically carrying baddies like that druid - I have no idea how to heal. Go figure. We eventually got another tank and tied on healing (he focused tanks, and I healed everyone). I seriously slacked off, cause I honestly didn't give a shit.

I asked my hubby (GM and our raid leader) about it. He says I was 100% right. It turns out you can only 1 tank it with 2 BADASS healers (super geared), or with 3 healers (my gearscore) - one being a pally. That the pally should NEVER pull off the tank, since it's exactly like solo healing tanks during heroic 25 bosses. Yup. I was right, but looked like the bad guy cause he was causing such a stink.


THIS is why I never pug.

No comments: