Friday, April 22, 2011

Ross Store

My husband is graduating from college (I know, he has a degree in literature and math...he is graduating with a degree for philosophy now - which will be his job after the Army), I have to go and put some new pin on his uniform for show. No biggie right. Except, I don't usually wear dresses and the ONLY dress or "dressy" clothes that I might have, are from before we were even married. So, none of them fit.

I saw an ad on tv about how Ross was having a huge sale on shoes. I saw a pair of shoes on it that I thought were cute, and while we were there looking at the shoes we might as well look for a dress for his event. Which we did. We didn't buy the shoes. We've never gone shopping there before and frankly didn't know what to expect. This is a small town, but I can always shop online if I can't find anything. I'd prefer to try on the dress, so I know if it fits or not.

My husband was wearing his fatigues, mainly because he had just rushed home from work to take me shopping. This is a rare event for us, since we both don't really like to go clothes shopping at all. However, this time we absolutely needed to get something new.

So, we wound up pulling down 12 dresses total and maybe 2 shirts. There are apparently all kinds of sundresses out there now, and I wanted to see which type would fit or rather look best. However, some of them have zippers and I definately needed help zipping up. Plus, it's always good to have someone tell you if something looks bad and who better then your spouse.

Naturally, as we have done in the last 20 years of our marriage, my husband helped me put on the dresses. I have no female relations nearby, nor any female friends (we just moved here). Obviously, my husband would be helping me. This the case for MANY married couples in the military, and I would not be surprised to see a civilian couple doing it as well. I mean, did they expect my 4 yr old to zip me up and tell me how it looks?

There wasn't a problem for the first 8 dresses. My husband went to return the first 8 to the little sales clerk that is in charge of the dressing rooms, and was told that a customer had complained about him being in the ladies dressing room. So, he wasn't allowed back there anymore. I had the option of either putting on the dress halfway and coming out to have him help me, or putting on the dress and coming out to have him assess it. Either way, I would be walking thru the dressing room half-naked (bra around my throat for easier changing), and standing for the world to see me.

I was not pleased, and saw this as a sign of sexism. If he was a girl, naturally this wouldn't of happened. This has never happened to us before, and to make matters worse we knew exactly who had complained. It wasn't like my husband was running around lost in there, randomly peeking in dressing rooms. No, he was in my room the entire time (first door on the right) and only left it once to return some things we weren't getting. They had a limit of 8 items, and we had 12 total. So, obviously, I needed to try on the others since I couldn't find a decent one out of the original 8.

Okay, so let's get to the complaint. I literally was keeping my bra pushed up so I could get in and out of the dresses fast. Some required the bra, and some didn't. I had no pants on, obviously, and some of these dresses were REALLY short. The complainer was a hugely obese woman wearing all black. She was trying on jeans. LOL She had no one helping her, and honestly I wouldn't need help trying on jeans either. Apparently, the fatty had issues with my husband helping his WIFE zip up.

I didn't see this as really "fair", because I saw another husband in there at the same time and because I didn't see why IIII had to be the one to walk out. Why should I have to walk outside of the dressing room because some fat bitch complained? Why should I have to go to extra lengths to make some fat bitch feel comfortable? That is what really irked me. I would now need to either do it myself, which I obviously couldn't, or I would have to embarass myself in front of the entire store. Fuck that shit. I didn't walk outside the dressing room, until I was done changing. I barely even tried the rest on. Even my husband was peeved and was thinking of leaving.

So, after a few comments about his tours in Iraq (I honestly felt bad for the sales woman), he stayed outside. I found a dress that I liked, however it had a zipper and I couldn't tell if it fit correctly or not. So I naturally told my husband that and we searched for either a bigger size or were just going to buy the one I had half-tried on. So, we tried searching for a bigger size and upon not finding one we asked customer service. Customer service was pretty much useless, so we decided to buy the one I had found.

Ever notice when you are checking out, that they always ask the same questions? Naturally, they asked if we had found everything okay. My instant response was, "Nope, couldnt even try this dress on because it has a zipper and my husband isn't allowed to help me try it on." The check-out girl immediately changed the subject.

Putting this episode to rest, my husband was the one that decided he won't be shopping there anymore. We have had zero issues with Victoria's Secret, Old Navy, Target, Walmart, Delia's, Aeropastle...etc. He has always been "allowed" to help me out in the dressing room. But, apparently, Ross is still stuck in the 60s OR they just value their fat customers more then their veterans. Plus, the fact that they have NOTHING in the back of the store for bigger sizes...it is a rather a weak selection anyways.

Edit: To the fat bitch who complained - you are a fucking cow. My husband doesn't want to see YOUR teets. He wants to see MINE. Go on a diet and stop with the bullshit excuses for your weight. Even with medical conditions, you CAN lose the weight if you actually get off your ass and stop expecting people to give you a cookie everytime you do something. If you are the size of a bus, you have no right to complain about ANYTHING. Your stench alone offends me. Aside from your weight, you told my HUSBAND AN IRAQ WAR VET NOT TO HELP HIS WIFE?! HE FIGHTS FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SAY THAT!

No comments: