Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nerve Endings Updated

This is now the 3rd update on the nerve endings. So, I just had my 2nd treatment done and I'm still feeling some of the effects of it. I obviously am still having cysts, but not as often. I also noticed something new. The treatment actually messes with my menstrual cycle. It's been about two months since I last pms'd. I think this is due to the fact that this treatment is pretty painful, so it threw my body for a loop.

I have talked to my doctor again about what the purpose of this treatment is. The purpose is to permanently kill my nerve endings. Meaning, the more times I go in to have this sort of treatment, the less times my cysts pop up and hurt all the more. So far, I am about 2 months in between treatments before I give up and call the doctor.

Does the pain during the treatments lessened over time? No, the treatment actually hurts the same amount each and everytime.

Does the treatment stop the cysts from regrowing so much? Yes, to an extent. As we have seen before, nothing is 100% perfect. It DOES lessen the cysts, but not by too much. Thus far, this has been the only thing to have come somewhat close to even lessening it - including the marsupializations.

So why put up with it if it's not doing that much? Well, obviously if it's doing something then it is worth the effort put into it. If there is a slim chance of helping the situation, I will try it or have already tried it before.

Are there any other side effects besides pain? Yes, actually. The treatment has caused a lot of my cysts to fill with a brownish goo. I'm told that this is because my nerve endings are dying, and this is what they look like afterwards. So, expect to have that come out of your cysts.

Another side effect would be on my husband. He has become increasingly overwhelmed. He feels downtrodden because he cannot help the situation, and has to constantly be picking up my slack. Remember to keep an eye out for your partner's needs too. I have been ignoring his needs (emotional needs) lately, and it has obviously taken a toll on him. He feels bone tired lately.

No comments: