Monday, August 25, 2014

CNN's Opinion Post - Kimberly Norwood and Ferguson Riots

Dunno what she is complaining about.  That stuff happens to me all the time, and not because I'm white.  It's because I get profiled just like everyone else.  Even my sister does.  We look young, therefore we are treated with less respect and as suspect.  I've heard just as many horror stories about white kids with gauges and tattoos.  Seriously, stop playing the damn victim card ALL the time!  My white guilt reached it's limit YEARS ago (over things like Rayonka, etc....or that woman being arrested for FLEEING the cops?  Yeah...I'm done.)

Dunno why she is complaining about getting stopped by the police and asked if she lives around there.  Dude, you were speeding.  He's checking your license plate or trying to figure out where you are coming/going to.  I get asked that when I get pulled over, too (though I don't get pulled over because I don't fucking speed like an asshat).  It's called a baseline, they want to know if you are lying.  If it says on your license you live somewhere, they are gonna ask if you REALLY live there.

As per her daughter getting stopped 3 times for shoplifting...does it not occur to this Lawyer, upstanding black woman...that maybe a group of teenagers sends off red flags in a shopping mall?  Maybe her daughter was just the last one out of the store in her little group?  I was stopped for supposedly shoplifting when I was 10 before.  I wasn't.  My sibblings and my mother were actually WITH me at the time.  It was another WHITE girl who did it.  Boy, did my mom have a LOT to say about that...but she didn't protest or cause a stink in public.  She told me I didn't do anything wrong, and explained the situation to me.  That is what a REAL parent does.  That is what a REAL person does.  They don't riot, write letters, or generally flip out over small things (I'm sure this woman was going batshit crazy each and every time her precious daughter was stopped...and really?  She MIGHT have been stealing)

She's REALLY going to whine that her newly graduated son (with probably little work experience) can't find a job?  What happened to black people claiming ALL of their many blessings that white's can't?  What about a requirement for hiring minorities, allowing certain races into colleges, etc, etc.  I mean really, you're lucky your sons could go to college for FREE (and even if they didn't, SHE seems to have a nice cushy job to support them)...whereas in other areas, white people don't GET to go to college just because they are WHITE.  Black entitlement.  Got enough breaks in life, they keep expecting hand outs.  I'm SO tired of this bullshit...you get free college and all kinds of other perks...then when you are expected to get a job yourself, based on your merits (hell, half the time the minority is hired over the white guy JUST because they need to fill their quota).  I mean, really?  We have unemployment sky rocketting and this bitch is whining that HER precious little snowflake can't get a job!  Welcome to the real world, woman!

WHY the fuck is she bothering the chief of police with her son's photos/description/information just because they are walking to school?  Not only is that a waste of the police's time, but it seems REALLY over the top.  I mean, really, she's all upset about this supposed mistrust and racial bias...yet she uses it to her advantage when she goes on a cruise to make doubly sure her children are safe while she is gone.  Last I checked, I can't get in to see MY police chief like that.  He'd laugh me out of his office, IF he actually MET me.

I mean, you have no idea how many times I've had to defend my AGE and how young I look.  Just the other day, someone was yet again trying to tell the Principal what a great JOB I was doing and I should get a raise.  "We need more teenagers like her, trying to do the right thing."  Yup.  I apparently work for the school, am a teenager, and an awesome person. LOLOL  Right.  I find it funny, but in reality, it can come across as insulting and agism.  But, whatever, I'm white...so I have no right to complain.  Isn't that how it works in the black community?  I'm automatically racist because I disagree with them.

Pfft...and the ignorance from black people when working in customer service!  Argh!  I get passed over for their fellow blacks ALL the time.  I mean, I know I'm white...but I was here first!  I get served FIRST!  Gah!  Whatever.  Lines were invented for a reason.  Black people are JUST AS GUILTY of racism as ANY other race...they just choose to ignore it.

Also, let's drop this African American bullshit title. You are American.  You're not here to visit.  You were born/entered America and became a legal citizen.  You're American.  You're not just popping over here for a vacation.  You're here to stay.  Now, join the rest of us normal people and call yourself an American.

For fuck's sake, most people that I know judge people (of all colors) based on their ACTIONS, not their color.  When are people going to realize that racism is mostly dead?  Are there some instances of it happening?  Sure.  But, it's not prevalent and we shouldn't continue this fear mongering about it.  If you don't want to be treated like a thug, don't look/act like one.  If you aren't dangerous or act like a morally upright individual, then you'll be treated as such.  Not everyone in America is racist, and I have a feeling like this is showing with the Ferguson bit.

I could go on and on about this for hours.  Earn your shit.  Don't whine because you are treated differently.  It happens to everyone, all the time.  You are NOT special.  It usually has nothing to do with race, at all (though I have seen instances where it was truly racism).  If you don't want to be treated like a fucking thug, then don't act or dress like one.  Simple.

Not everyone you meet is a fucking racist.  They are usually JUST assholes and it has nothing to do with YOUR or THEIR color.  Fuck this is common sense!


http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/25/opinion/norwood-ferguson-sons-brown-police/index.html?hpt=hp_t3



As per my stance on the Ferguson bit?  I think the kid stole something, as proven in the video, and shoved the clerk out of his way when the clerk tried to stop him (as shown in the video - again).  He was fleeing the scene of a crime, either walking or actively running.  A costumer INSIDE the store called the police and offered up the description of the robbery suspects, not the clerk himself (I assume this has something to do with the spray painted building: Snitches will die.  It's a rough neighborhood, I wouldn't be surprised if he was too scared to report them.)

When he was stopped by the officer, I think he panicked.  Depending on if the officer was really assaulted, doesn't matter.  There are plenty of witnesses (even his little robbery buddy who admitted what REALLY happened) that claim Brown charged the officer.

I feel the officer had a right to attempt to stop him from charging.  Could he have pulled out his tazer?  Yes, but he didn't.  He reacted, either from being assaulted previously or because of his training.  I'm sure the officer told him to stop, but Brown didn't.  If it were me, yes, I would unload my gun into the HUGE guy charging me.  I would aim for his extremities first, then when that didn't work - I'd aim for the head.  My life is more important than yours in that situation.  I have a feeling this is what happened.

I also REALLY liked the part of the video where the witnesses were jabbering in the background (and didn't know they were being recorded, which means they were being honest!!!) and they ADMITTED Brown charged the cop!  Wow!  We just sunk a battleship and won the game!

As per these riots? You can try to say the protestors aren't the ones really looting or not.  It doesn't matter to me. It shouldn't have turned into this disaster.  If you are protesting, stop.  Just stop.  You're not helping the situation and people are using your protest as an EXCUSE to STEAL.  We all know the looting is just a bunch of thugs seeing free stuff and wanting it.  (Remember the EBT card crash?  Same situation.  Same selfishness and greediness going on)  Al Sharpton, Obama, and his minions swooped in enough to stir everyone up (So did the news, they were purposefully NOT releasing ALL the information from the get go.  They tried to paint this kid as a gentle giant, when he was obviously FAR from it).  It's turned into a disaster because of opportunists and greediness.  Did we really expect it to last this long though?  Nope.  It should have been over and done with until the court case, etc.

In my opinion, the riots/looting/protesting has gone on long enough.  There are plenty of people being arrested, and both sides being injured.  The cops haven't even used deadly force.  Some smoke bombs (maybe tear gas) and rubber bullets.  That's ALL.  Yes, they have tanks...but have they used them?  Nope.  These people need to chill out.  I think the police force SHOULD start using deadly force soon.  What are we on now?  Day 15?  It's time to stop.  If they can't abide by the laws, they need to be stopped.  This is not helping ANYONE but the looters themselves.  I feel TERRIBLE for those shop owners, most of whom are ALSO black.  We can't continue having a lawless society.  It's an obvious recipe for disaster.

I think it's all pointless.  All we can do is guess at what happened until the actual court case starts.  We can't do anything more then that.  To continue protesting this poor pitiful thug, is pointless.  He was a thug.  Did he deserve to die?  I would say so, IF he was TRULY charging the police officer AND had just commited a FELONY.  He's FAR from innocent (and even his parents agreed he was the thief). (I really didn't look into the officer's shattered eye socket, so I can't comment on that)

We just need to let it go.  Back off.  Stop looting.  Or...do what I'm doing.  Move to the middle of fucking nowhere so you don't have to put up with this kind of nonsense.  God, sometimes, I just REALLY hate people.

Also, the riots have spread to other cities.  The news recently tried to stir up another riot in favor of another black man who was basically comiting suicide by cop.  It didn't work for the most part.  But, we can't just riot/protest everything we disagree with.  Life is not fair.  You live with it and move on.

I've also been trying to figure out WHAT people in Ferguson have EXACTLY against the police department.  There are black officers on the force.  Even the DA is being accused of being biased, because his father died while on duty to yet another thug.  This is just ridiculous.  Stop your fucking whining already.  I've yet to see anything WRONG the police force has specifically done during these riots.  I mean, hell, they can't get them to stop.  So, whatever they are doing isn't working...time to kick it up a notch!

Also statistic show that young black males commit the majority of crimes in the US.  This is NOT because of racial profiling.  This is because they got caught and they do illegal shit.  Don't do illegal shit, and no one will arrest you.  Just stop trying to play the victim cards all the time.  Just because in your mind you are racially profiled, it doesn't mean that you were arrested because of your color.  If you want the criminal violence from blacks to end, then you need to stop committing criminally violent acts and praising it in one another!  This is common sense!

Edit:  There is apparently a huge amount of poverty in Ferguson.  It is VERY easy for a black person to raise up their social status, especially with all of the hand outs offered to minorities now.  If these people truly wanted to fix their situations, they wouldn't be so quick to start a riot/looting.  Being poor is NOT an excuse to start acting uncivilized.

Also, if this comes across as racist..my bad. I would feel the same way if the situations/colors were reversed.  The entire situation is deplorable.  I'm utterly disgusted, just as I was with the EBT garbage.  I'm also not racist for pointing out the many stances I have.  That is what I feel and I am entitled to my opinion.  Just because you disagree with it, doesn't mean YOU are racist either.  It means we disagree.  I'm mainly just tired of this race baiting/all these race or victim cards being thrown out.  I shouldn't be constantly made to feel guilty just because I was born white.  Likewise, my SON shouldn't be made to feel like less of a person (later on in life) just because he is a white male.  White males actually have a VERY hard time making it in our society as of late.

Whites are slowly, but surely, becoming the minority now.  I'm just waiting for the day this actually happens all across the US.  You know why?  Because all of those privileges and rights that minorities claim now, will suddenly go to us poor pitiful white folk.  It would be very entertaining to see that shoe on the other foot.

I'm also a HUGE fan of these shoulder cameras.  The rumor is that the videos will be stored outside of the actual police departments (not easily tampered with) and stored for 5-10 YEARS before being destroyed.  I'm excited that technology will help resolve FUTURE race baiting situations like this one. All we'd need to do is look at the video evidence.  (Anyone else see that study that black people are usually the ones falsely accusing cops of extreme force, etc?)  Not only does it keep the general public safe, but it keeps the cops safe too.  It can also point out liars easily.  Awesome!

No comments: