Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Concerts and Rudeness

I have two kidlets that are currently in elementary school.  Both had their Christmas concerts on separate days, and we attended both of them.  I'm sure this is due to the fact that the "gym"/lunchroom is tiny and can only hold so many people.  Thus, they broke up the grade levels by days.  Usually, there aren't many parents for any of the "older" grades (IE:  Anything above Kindergarten)...but this year is a bit different.

My youngest actually had her Christmas concert the day before my eldest.  We were actually later getting out of the door than I wanted to be.  We wound up showing up around 20 minutes early, instead of our usual 30-40 minutes early.  We usually leave and get there so early because front row seats are in high demand, and people here are complete assholes when they want to record their precious darling.

So, as per usual, we brought little man with us.  I am also currently 23 weeks pregnant and struggling to walk/move without assistance.  We wound up getting some pretty good seats in the second row, right on the edge.  We liked our spot because little man can sometimes get grumpy, and one of us will just snatch him up and hold him.  This way, he's not interrupting the performance with any crying.

Anyways, so my youngest's grade level is actually going last, after the Kindergarteners.  So, we had to sit through about 45 minutes of other kids performing for their concert first.  This is also not a good position to be in, because there are tons of "new" parents who are REALLY desperate to get their kids on film.  They will do anything to do get it on film, including being incredibly rude.

Little man gets testy, so I swoop him up and stand right next to my husband's shoulder (he is recording).  I made sure no one was behind me, because I don't want to be in someone's way.  I am basically less than 10 inches away from my husband's shoulder.

Now, this happens every single time I stand up.  Someone will ALWAYS stand directly in front of me.  Mind you, there is no one behind me.  I am 4'9.  I am short.  It is very easy to record standing off to my side or behind me.  But, for some reason (without fail), every single time I stand up...there is ALWAYS some mother who MUST stand directly in front of me.  It doesn't matter WHERE I am in the room, the minute I stand up - they come stand directly in front of me.  Screw the fact that I had been standing there for however long with an unimpeded view of the "stage" (~20 minutes I was standing there).  Screw the fact that the other mother is ALWAYS much taller than me.  Screw the fact that she doesn't even say excuse me after she bumps into me.  This happens every single time.

It just so happens that at THIS concert, she decided to shove her way in between my husband and I.  Mind you, again, I WAS standing right next to him holding the baby right by his elbow.  So, she decides HER recording is more important than having some TACT.  She wedges herself in between my husband and I, and stands directly in front of me.  Thus, I am now pushed behind her ass and can no longer see.  I actually had to relocate to the entirely opposite side of the room, while holding the baby, just so I could see my kid perform.  My husband had to meet me at the car afterwards, due to being separated.



Okay, so you get the jist.  The second Christmas concert is set up almost exactly the same as the first.  My oldest is performing last.  We arrive 30 minutes early (phew!), and still only manage to get a seat in the 2nd row (boo!).

We are actually sitting BEHIND the obese woman who is on the PTA and started rumors about how I am supposedly a "teen whore mom".  She started this rumor about 3 years ago at a "Mommy for Muffins" event at the school, in front of my kids - who heard everything (and I had to explain to them what a whore was after that...).  I am unsure as to why it was started, as I was just grabbing a muffin for the kidlets and I at the time.  But, I could hear her plain as day saying very loudly that I looked like a teen slut and "omg how old is she?!?!?! how old is that kid?!?!?!".  Yes, lovely.  Small town = gossip travels fast.  I have not been a fan of hers since and avoid her at all costs.

I am naturally NOT happy about sitting near her.  I have never confronted her for her rumors, and have let it all go.  But, that doesn't mean I want to be anywhere near her.  (Side note:  She is also the type to show up to the school with her little dog on a leash - illegal  on school grounds - just to get attention from others about how SO CUTE HER DOG IS.  She likes to be the very center of attention, everywhere she goes and goes out of her way to get it.)  She is also on the PTA, but the PTA is notorious for doing absolutely nothing for the school.  It's just a bunch of moms gossiping, basically.  I do 100x more for the school every month, than this woman has done in 3 years.  But, I don't say any of my opinions and leave it all alone..because this is my child's school.  Don't make a scene.  Ignore the bitch, that's what I choose to do again.

So, after the 2nd graders finish their garbage, my daughter's turn FINALLY comes up (1 hour later).  This time I am prepared and bring 3 bottles, which little man basically inhales.  He is grumpy again.  Can't say that I blame him, though.  Fatty McGee's daughter is actually in 2nd grade, and has completed her concert.  Two seats next to Fatty McGee become available and my husband convinces me to move up a row.  Bad, bad decision.  I am now stuck sitting next to this woman.  Whatever, just ignore her and watch my kidlet.  Husband takes little man to hold, while I record quietly.

Fatty McGee has this power trip issue, as well.  She breaks school policies whenever she wants to, if it benefits her...and she gets away with it.  She has this NEED to try to be special.  Just follow the rules like everyone fucking else, geez.  (There are SO many stories I could tell about this woman)

After the kids perform, they are supposed to sit on the ground (in front of the parents) with their class.  Not so for Fatty's daughter.  No, no.  She is SPECIAL.  Instead of sitting with her class, her daughter and her decide to have her daughter LAY ON HER LAP (sideways, so her head OR feet are basically on MY lap) for the rest of the concert.  You really can't do that on these tiny metal chairs.  There's barely enough room to sit on these dinky little chairs, let alone laying across someone's lap.  There was a lot of "playing", so I have this little girls' terrible perm in view of my video or slapping me in the face randomly.

I let this invasion of privacy go, until I start getting punched, kicked, and elbowed randomly.  I have it on video where I was getting hit so often (roughly every 10 seconds) and so hard, that I actually even dropped my camera onto the floor.  You can actually see in the video each and every time I am hit (the camera jolts).  Remember, I am currently pregnant, too.  I got hit a few times in my stomach, and boy did it hurt the next day!  (Little girl was wearing boots, too.  Ouch!)

I did glance over a few times to see what the fuck they were doing to randomly start hitting me.  Apparently, the little girl was NOT happy with laying across both our laps...she needs to be constantly flipped up into sitting position for funsies.  So, they were basically playing and injuring me in the process.


Sadly, my husband was too absorbed in trying to keep the baby calm...to actually swap seats with me.  We tried to switch at some point, but they started another song and I couldn't move while recording.  Sigh.

I do say something: "Please stop hitting me".  There is no response from either the mother or her daughter from this.  They continue to keep hitting me.  I try to ignore it and focus on my daughter...until....

My daughter's grade starts singing a Meow song.  Not the Meow Mix commercial song, just some random Meow song where they repeat the Meow word over and over again.  My daughter's grade is working on harmonizing this year, so it was basically them showing off how well they can harmonize with each other.

While recording, this woman and her daughter begin to berate the children on stage and talk about how stupid the song is (not our kids' choice of what they sing!).  They are doing this VERY loudly.  So loudly that I am basically ONLY getting their conversation on tape and you can barely hear the kids' singing.  I am fucking livid at this point, but strive not to show it.

This is how the next encounter went:

Me (looking her dead in the eye) - "You know, we were quiet during when your child was performing.  I would appreciate it if you were respectful and quiet during when MY child is performing."

Her (snarky, belitting tone and rolling her eyes) - "Calm down"

Me - "You are being exceptionally rude to the other children right now."

Her - No comment to me, but whispers something negative into her daughter's ear about how to ignore me.

**They continued hitting me for the rest of the performance.  I tasted that little girls' hair more times that I have my own.  I even got kicked in the face after the confrontation, but let that go and didn't say shit.  I figured it'd all be over soon.   We got out of there as FAST as we could.**

You know, it's one thing if you are going to be rude to the rest of the parents that are trying very hard to watch their kids perform.  It's completely another thing when you assault someone for over an hour (the concert with JUST my kid's grade lasted roughly 1 hour 20 minutes) and are completely DISRESPECTFUL of the children that worked SO hard to put on this show for their parents.

I actually have the "confrontation" on video.  She still doesn't understand why I was upset.  I shouldn't have to inform someone about social graces and tell them to behave themselves.  This is a fucking adult, you should not have to tell someone to stop injuring you or stop interrupting a performance that your kid isn't even in.


The next day, she showed up at the school with her dog again (I took a picture).  She was trying to show off and was sending me "mean looks" until the kids came out from school.  Once she was enveloped in the "omg" cries from the other kids, she finally stopped staring at me.

Sadly, this is typical Utard behavior.  All about that entitlement and they are raising their kids this way.  My own kids would NEVER behave or even touch another person without permission.  Hers?  Nope.  We don't care if we punch, kick, or hit a pregnant woman.

Fucking retarded.  Can't wait to move!

No comments: