Friday, December 10, 2010

Patrick Mahoney

So, this happened about 10 years ago. I only got to thinking about it because the jerk decided to try and friend request me on facebook. No way I was going to let that happen. But, it got me all riled up just the same. (Prewarning, I‘m married with 2 kids. Very happy and my husband hates the guy with a passion)

I was a senior in HS. I never really fit in, mainly because I tend to speak what is in my mind. I don‘t like liars and I don‘t like pretending to like something when I don‘t. So, I will probably annoy 90% of the population before I die. ;P

When Patrick Mahoney (coolest kid in school), turned his cute smile on me - I was floored. I was friends with him and another guy -strictly friends - and was happy to have some people to talk to. When I accidentally let it slip that I was a virgin, they both passed a look between them and teasted me about it. Red flags went off.

About two weeks later Patrick breaks up with his girlfriend of 3 years. Tells me the whole speal about how she was very needy, and too old for him (2 years older). He took me out on dates and dated me exclusively for months. Or so I thought.

I thought I was in love. Met his family, including his little sister who acted like she loved me. I had no idea what I was doing. After school one night, we went on a date to "see the stars". Wound up having sex. It was terrible, and it bordered on rape. (I have seen a psychologist about this over the last 10 years, and has said I show the same symptoms of a rape victim.) It happened in his truck.

The next day I skipped school, completely unlike me. I told my parents what happened, and they were going to press charges (after rethinking on it several times over the years, I am very unhappy that I didn‘t press charges). But, I knew that I had given mixed signals and his grandfather was in the police department. So, I covered it up.

I got a call from him that night. He was yelling at me on the phone about how I had left blood in his car, and needed to pay to get new seats in his car. I‘m really not lying about this. My mother put it on speakerphone and listened the entire time. I pretty much apologized for it (I don‘t know what I was thinking). Later that night, I called him back and his sister answered the phone. She told me according to him (he was standing next to her repeating everything - she was only 6), we were no longer together. This also floored me. He got what he wanted and was suddenly done with me.

I went to school the next day and didn‘t speak to him, even though we were in the same classes together. I found out through the grapevine that he was actually still together with his "ex". They never broke up. This upset me and I leaned heavily on my other guy friend. We almost dated. Hung out a few times and then I called it quits when I found out he had also not broken up with his "ex". This seemed to be too coincidental for me, and I started perking my ears up around school more. (I used to work at the same place as the other friend, and when I quit my job to get away from the drama - the other girls there actually threw ice at me as I left the restaurant. I didn‘t even really talk to them, so I had no idea what I did.)

I also found out (via the locker room and girls laughing about it), that I was the school bet. To see who could screw the virgin first. Obviously, it was all just a joke on me. To this day, I have no idea why they did that - other then being bored. I‘m still angry about it. He‘s currently in the military (wouldn‘t be if I pressed charges), and has not changed his ways. Pretty much a player. My husband is active duty Army, and we are disgusted that my husband has to serve with people like him.

To this day, I dropped out of high school almost immediately after it happened. I got my GED, and went off to college. My ex-classmates think it was consentual, and the few I have attempted to tell my story to - have laughed in my face about it (he is perfect!). It really wasn‘t, and I didn‘t see the manipulation signs. I should have been smarter, but I didn‘t know about sex or anything like that. When he pushed me down before the sex, I couldn‘t even push him off me. Ever since the attempted friend request, I have had flash backs of that night and the days after it. This will NEVER go away for me.

I just wanted to post this for all of the other younger girls out there. Do NOT sleep with him, even if he dazzles you. It‘s usually not worth it. I wound up marrying my husband a year later, and WISHED I was a virgin like my husband was. (Btw, my first time sucked royally - and I couldn‘t stand to be touched for over 7 years after that. I still freak out when people walk up behind me.)

No comments: