Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Classroom Gifts

I am notorious for my classroom gifts.  I don't like to spend more then $1.00 per child.  That rounds out to about $60.00 for both of my kids' classes.  It's really not hard to spend less money if you are "okay" at making crafts.

This is my list this year.



Return to School

This year, I have already started on our "return to school gifts".
Cupcakes with ABC's on the top (fondant)
60 rulers ($.25 each)
60 colored pencils boxes ($.47 each)
Pencils (made out of rolos)

*I like to help the teachers out sometimes and get them things they will need for the classroom.  My youngest might not need rulers this year in class, but she will definitely need the colored pencils.  My oldest might not need the colored pencils in class, but she'll need the rulers.  Either way, they can be used later if needed.*



Labor Day/Memorial Day

Popsicle stick flags
Red/White/Blue covered strawberries
Flag Pencils
Star cookies

*I am considering skipping memorial day as we are military, and tend to celebrate memorial day by going to the local cemetery.*




Halloween
For Halloween we are doing a baggie.  It will be a gift bag with a ghost on the front of it.

Pencils with black spider toppers
Candy (Pop ghosts, etc)
Our cupcakes
I have made little mini-bags of Witches Warts, Ghost Poop, Monster Scabs, and Jack O'Latern teeth
Poison Toffee Apples

*Mini bags and spiders have been completed, and I have started on our popsicle ghosts.*




Thanksgiving

I am doing turkey cookies (oreos)
Turkey Popsicles
Materials for classroom project: Turkey hand puppets (these can be done at home or at school, depending)




Christmas

Candy cane sleighs
Swiss miss mix reindeer
Reindeer candy canes
Goodie bags
All in a white gift bag that has a snowman on the front

*maybe glitter playdough*

**I have already gathered some things needed for this**




Valentine's Day

Bear hugs
Matchboxes with M&Ms inside
Chocolate covered sprinkle pretzels
Ladybug Strawberries




St. Patrick's Day

Shamrock Buddies
Stamps/Green paint classroom project (to make shamrocks out of q-tips etc)
3 D Shamrocks
Shamrock Pretzels
Cupcakes with Rainbows and Pots of Gold

*I have some left over Shamrock Buddies from last year*




Mother's Day

Mother's Day pots again with flower pens

*I have some pots left over from last year and will just do the same exact thing this year*




Easter

Food dyed sugar cookies (with hershey kisses on top)
Paper plate bunnies materials (for classroom)
Bunny poofballs
Cupcakes with robins eggs
Bunny Easter Eggs



Teacher's Day

Crayon Picture Frame
Teacher cupcakes
Color My Day
Grow Pot



Last Day of School

Might not do this...but thinking of making candy boxes out of toilet paper rolls that say "let's go bananas, school is out"...and putting runts inside of it.


So pretty much I need about 120 more pencil to buy, 60 rulers, pots, popsicle sticks, "lunch" bags, and some food coloring.

Most of this I will get right now during the return to school sales.  I love those sales and always stock up on everything I need for the coming year's presents.  It's also how I save money.

No comments: