Thursday, November 7, 2013

Horrible Utard Drivers

We are an active duty military family that has been in the army for over 15 years.  We have lived in over 20 different states (easily) and three different countries.  My husband is actually from ND, but I'm from NJ.  Yes, I used to be a  Jersey driver.  I'm sure you can imagine, Jersey moves, Jersey hand in the air, cursing, lead foot...yeah I was bad before I got married and had kids.  My husband was actually the safer driver of the two of us.  (We are both born and raised LDS)

After having kids, I turned into the safe driver.  I drive 2-4 OVER the speed limit and am the most defensive driver you will EVER see.  I had to become one, after living here for a few months.

We got relocated to Logan, Utah about 4 years ago and bought a house out here.  Boy, was this a shock!  Aside from the entitlement from our neighbors (they petitioned the city to turn our entire property into a "park", because it took over a year to sell to us?), the driving is just INSANE!  Don't get me started on their brats who are completely unsupervised, and most are bullies.

One day, you guys should head over to the schools and watch the "pick up routine".  I call it the car show, as it's a show for me to see who the most idiotic can be.  People are just HORRIBLE at driving.

I drive 2-4 OVER the speed limit, but I've seen people go 15 mph in a 35 mph zone...and not allow anyone to pass them.  Outside the school is a 4 way stop, and NO ONE stops for the stop sign (except apparently me?).  People don't use blinkers at all, and if they do...they turn them on at the last second.  I've seen people swerve into lanes of opposing traffic.  I've even seen the people gawking at car accidents.  (There was one really bad one where a motorcycle driver was run over, and lying in the street.  About 300 people were there filming this poor guy laying in the street while waiting for paramedics...and before you ask, no it wasn't the motorcycles fault.  It was some mother in an SUV who ran a red light.)

I cannot count how many "almost" accidents I have been involved in.  I have seen people even use the opposite flow of traffic left turn lane to turn RIGHT into gas stations.  I have seen so many REAL accidents, that I absolutely cannot stand driving anymore.

These people terrify me.  I even refused to drive for a full YEAR.  EVERY day, I have an issue with some sort of driver.  Most of them are older folks or the Molly Mormon Moms in their assault vehicles.

I take pictures of the parking situations.  Most of these people can't even PARK, let alone drive.  This horrible driving also carries over into stores.  I lost count how many times I have been rammed, or my children have been rammed, with carts at the grocery store.  I HATE going out to do the shopping.

This "horrible driving" extends to EVERY aspect of these people's lives.  It is all about entitlement here, and not many people in Logan realize that they are just assholes!

Soooo happy I am moving back to normal world.

Edit:
Dear neighbor two doors down:

I let you cut me off the first time on the highway because my children were in the car. Though, you should probably learn that just because you put on your blinker last second...that does NOT give you permission to cut people off and almost hit them (or try to drive them off the road entirely). I let you do it another 3 times, while you were weaving in between lanes, just because I didn't want to die driving home. I figured we'd be rid of you soon anyways, how wrong I was.

When you decided to go 90 mph in a 35mph, I just laughed at your stupidity and continued to go the speed limit. I even giggled when you came to a full complete stop at the green light (tho I'm sure you were just being a dick). However, I drew the line when you turned into your driveway...you took up ALL of the road thus blocking EVERYONE in your path (even opposing traffic) when you slammed on your breaks and flicked on your blinker last second. Your turn was obviously done just to be a dick.  You almost hit two kids on bikes, and the honking you were giving ME after you pulled into your driveway?

Well, now I know where you live. Dumb move.

No comments: