Sunday, November 17, 2013

Toni Christina Jenkins

 http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/tennessee-man-denies-writing-n-word-on-red-lobster-receipt/


Ugh.  She was definitely doing this for attention.  I've seen her facebook page.  She has a young child, multiple posts about how "dire" her own health is recently, new tattoo, etc - and it's all completely public.  Granted, some people forget to put their facebook to private...but there is a LOT of personal shit on there open for ALL to see.  She also linked and provided a photo of her accepting the $10k check and asked people to "spread the word".  She's in it for the attention/money.  (She even wrote that everyone she knows is getting knocked up lately.  Not exactly pillars of society.)

As per the couple: I do not tip when I am doing a To Go order.  All you did was put the food in a box, like any McDonald's worker.  You get tipped for your shining personality, making sure I have everything I need to enjoy my meal (refilling glasses, napkins, doing the dishes), and for your service.  Since I am not eating in the actual restaurant, and taking care of my own needs most likely at my own home (which means I'm basically my own server)...you don't get tipped.  It's not like you are delivering a pizza to my home and wasting gas on me.  You are walking 5 feet to the kitchen and putting my shit in a box.  Not. That. Hard.  (I am a 20% tipper when dining in a restaurant, IF they are a good server.  If they are gossiping in a corner with their coworkers the entire time instead of serving me, they get maybe 10% and a complaint to management)  I also write NONE in the tip line if I pay with a debit card, too easy to try to STEAL money from me if your service is garbage.

I am happy that a handwriting analysis was concluded, and I am REALLY happy that he is suing.  She should never have posted his personal information on the internet, nor should she have omitted details of what really happened.  (She didn't mention originally that it was To Go, etc)  This should not of been a big deal, except for the fact that *someone* wrote a slur on there.

Even if they completely ignored her attempting to wait on them, that's her JOB.  You are a waitress, the couple was 1) busy trying to figure out if they had to leave or not, 2) trying to figure out what they were going to order or 3) in their own world completely ignoring her.  Also, I don't think it's a crime that they didn't want dessert.  She seemed to make a big deal out of the dessert aspect.  This couple can completely treat her like dirt, and unless management removes them from the restaurant...it's her JOB to deal with it.  (I mean really, how long did she have to put up with their supposedly nasty attitudes when they eventually ordered it To Go?  Not long at all, I'd imagine.)

Also, she kept her job and was suspended WITH pay. She wasn't punished at all. She was "warned", but not punished. Her suspension was a mini-vacation.

Personally, I am waiting for HER handwriting to be checked out.  I don't buy her story one bit.

No comments: