Saturday, November 6, 2010

Biggest Loser - Week 7

My husband is active duty Army, and has been for over 10 years. He has done 3 tours in Iraq. I have asked him about the food in the mess hall before (when we first got married), it has NOT changed much in the last 10 yrs.

Yes, the mess hall food is set-up as a buffet style. There are some kitchen-assigned workers that put food on your plate. It is a: grab it if YOU want it, type of eating assembly. As per the TYPES of food there, it is normal food from eggs and bacon to FRUIT and cereal. YOU have the choice to eat what YOU want, when YOU want.

It is NOT just all fatty foods that you can just stuff your face with. You CAN eat healthily if you want (my husband prefers muffins in the morning, and fruit salad for lunch). How many fat military folk do you see walking around? Almost none. How many do you see walking around in public? A lot.

This isn't about the type of food or the environment (we clearly saw one of the boys say he was purposely going to eat unhealthily - and then later try to blame the mess hall), it is about that SPECIFIC person's choice of food for the day. They obviously made the entirely wrong decisions when faced with real food (btw most of it tastes really bad still).

As per stress adding onto their weight gain, or lack of loss, I doubt that. As a military spouse, I deal with the stress of my entire household, my husband's job, and many more stress-inducing factors. Yet, neither my husband NOR I are overweight or even close to obesity. Also, pretty much being a single parent, I work on 3 hours of sleep.

In short: I'm tired of seeing people blame everything but themselves for their own actions. We saw what they were eating, and we watched them make excuses. I am disgusted with the fact that hardly anyone else gets that on this thread. The military is a great environment and the food may taste like junk - but I don't see an obese guy holding a gun at the range every other week, do I?

Blame yourselves. Not other people. Thousands of other people do what these people did every single day (btw we wake up at 4am for PT here), and yet, we don't look like buses. Amazing.

I also think Elizabeth shouldda gone home, I'm tired of the pretty princess act every episode. Forget that. I think nothing is actually WRONG with her. I think she is doing it for a pity party and the attention. Even Jillian has called her out on it before. If they were actually training with Jillian (no offense to my military guys), she wouldn't have let that fly. However, since the marines didn't know Elizabeth's MO, they let it slide and felt bad for her.

I think Elizabeth has gotten way too many free passes. I believe (if I remember correctly), Elizabeth gained a lb while Anna lost 2? Anna is loses, and Elizabeth can't even do 1 lb. That's pathetic.

As per needing an inhaler - I used to be asmatic (when I was younger), and carried that dang thing with me always. I still keep it on me always just in case. She is NOT asmatic. She is a drama queen. She is a hypocondriac.

WAHHH! Not a hill! WAHHH I had to walk (while not even carrying ANY weight)! WAHH I have to be CARRIED!

I was sitting next to my hubby and all we kept saying was: Yell at them more! Don't baby them!

They did some weak PT sessions, a crummy obstacle course (not near as bad as the real thing), and that was it. I was highly disappointed in this week's episode. Blame the food/mess hall all you want, these people had it easy. Heck, half of them were crying just because they had to walk up the hill to the barracks!

No comments: