Friday, November 19, 2010

Skyline - Epic Movie (???)

I don't exactly like going out to the movies, because of all the people. They usually kick my seat, talk loudly, and are generally obnoxious. However, when it is date night (no kids!!!), we attempt to see a good movie. So we did this past weekend after the Army Ball. We picked Skyline because Hungover (?) was sold out. My husband said it was the movie after Independence Day, and he knew I liked ID so why not go see this one - it'd be pretty much the same, except better. Supposedly.

We have our own ranking system in this house. It goes like this: Theater watchable (should go see it in the theater cause it's fucking awesome!!), Rentable (iffy movie, renting would be okay), and WTFland (don't even fucking watch it!!!). This movie was in WTFland.

Not even close. It wasn't even a "download for free" movie. Not worth paying to see it, not worth paying to rent it. Common sense was lacking throughout the entire movie. The screenplay was horrible. The acting was terrible. Some of the things in the movie itself, made you sit there and just laugh at how STUPID the directors were.

We live in LDS-land. The scene where they were looking through the telescope at the guy getting a blow job, made the entire audience behind us go "omg...". I thought it was funny as shit. Hysterical. But, obviously, these people here are fucking retarded and can't take a joke worth shit.

Not one of the characters was even likeable. I hated them all. From the cheating husband, to his whore, to his wife who is a fucking drunken bitch, to the main characters...who looked like a couple of drug addicts. I didn't like them all throughout the entire movie, and when they did the "15 hrs earlier", I was like...why do I NEED to see this?!

The monsters were amazing in detail, and pretty cool. They were the only thing interesting about this whole movie. However, when you get into a car and it's stomped into the ground by a huge ass monster - you don't pull out an itty bitty gun to shoot at it and not run. What a fucking joke!

Hell, even at the end, when she was like "I'm staying with you". I'm sitting there like, well...what a fucking retard. My husband and I have discussed this. If we ever have a zombie invasion or anything else, I'm taking the kids and leaving. If he gets stuck somewhere, he knows I will try to help IF I can. However, I will not stay to die with him for no reason. That was just retarded, and lacked complete common sense.

Overall, the movie was more of a joke then it was "action" or "scary" or "romantic". They didn't even make it out of the hotel. This was a complete waste of my time, and anyone else who PAID to see it.

No comments: