Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Costume SuperCenter Sucks!

I recently ordered a costume from Costume SuperCenter (Mad Hatter, size M 7-8). The hat has brown stains on it, and is falling apart at the seams (I can tell the glue on the hat is coming off, and will reglue it later). The bodice of the outfit is made from cheap plastic, and is WAY too big...nowhere near what was stated in the size charts. I will need to stitch this, or glue it. Even the back velcro closing fasteners will need to be resewn on, as they are barely hanging on for dear life. The bow on the front will need to be sewn on, as it is just falling down and looks like a jumbled mess of green (nothing like a bow).

I expect to have to tailor my children's costumes every year, that is why I order them so early. I do NOT expect to have to completely REMAKE the entire outfit.

I bought another costume from a rival costume supplier, and it only took 3 stitches to fix the sizing issues. With this company, I will be fixing this for at least a week AND trying to get the stains out of the hat. I could make a better costume myself, at home, for half the price and none of the hassle. (Next time I will do this, or go to a competitor.)

I am sure I could return this for a full refund, but it took 10 full business days to get to me as they sent it TO post my office (causing an additional FOUR day delay). If I were to return this now, at my own cost, I will be out even MORE money and I doubt I'd get the replacement (and fixed) back in time for Halloween. THIS is why I always order really early, and why they have lost a buyer.


PS. Last year I ordered a Southern Belle costume from them, it faired no better and I assumed it was a fluke. I ordered it in Aug, and received it one WEEK before Halloween. In less then 2 hours, the entire gown was falling apart at the seams. The cheap plastic undergown was completely ripped and is unusable next year. The metal inside the undergown, keeping the shape of the skirt, stabbed my daughter while trick or treating. I should have learned my lesson. This outfit took every spare moment of my time to attempt to fix before Halloween, as the shipping was super slow and the quality is CRAP.


Update:  I was refunded $20.69, and then again $6.99, for a total of $27.68. I had to fight on the phone for the shipping refund. It took several calls and 15 days for it to be put into my account finally. It also was a huge pain having to explain over and over again what was wrong with the costume. They kept trying to convince me to just ship the costume back, at my own cost.

No comments: