Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vacation Time

Soon, we're going to be going on vacation to ND/WA to visit the folks. This is a long drive. Everytime we take the kids anywhere in the car, they wind up throwing up the entire time and having temper tantrums. I've been slowly amassing great ideas for the car ride. I'm not sure if any of it will work.

- Cookie sheets can be used as tray tables to draw on. So, lots of crayons (they might get lost in the car) and coloring books.
- V Reader for my eldest. It has earphones and stories on the game. It will teach her how to read as we drive, thus keeping her entertained. I haven't checked the price yet. It might cost too much.
- Toys, toys and more toys. I'm expecting to put down the backseat of our SUV. We will load it up with as many stuffed animals as possible. Stuffies seem to entertain BOTH kids, and they stay relatively quiet.
- Two seperate coolers for the girls' snacks and sippies. We will draw an invisible line in the car, and make sure they don't start fights with each other. We'll make sure all snacks are equal, and all sippie cups are filled (same amount) with the same type of juice/milk.

If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know. I'm still hunting down more ideas. We don't have a dvd player for the car anymore. Our eldest broke it on our last trip.

No comments: